Railway Recruitment Cell WCR Jabalpur Recruitment Procedure
WCR Jabalpur Ex-Serviceman Candidates:
The term Ex-Servicemen means a person:
who has served in any rank (whether as a comtatant or non-combatant) in the regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserved Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the Para Military Forces and who has retired from such services after earning his/her pension or
who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his/her control and awarded military service or other disability pension or
who has been released otherwise than on his/her own request as a result of reduction in such establishment or
the persons serving in the Armed Force of the Union, who on retirement from service would come under the category of Ex-Serviceman, may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specific terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to Ex-Servicemen, but shall not be permitted to leave the Uniform until they complete the specified terms of engagement in the Armed forces of the Union. Such service Personnel who are likely to be discharged from military service on or before 19.02.2009 are eligible to apply against this employment notice.
Ex-Servicemen are required to clearly indicate ail required particulars inducing community in the application form and enclose all documentary proof, as required. However, regardless of community, ex-servicemen will be considered only against the ex-servicemen quota, if available. If UR vacancies are not available, then only ex-servicemen belonging to those particular communities where vacancies are available will be considered against the ex-servicemen Quota.
Ex-servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the ex-servicemen quota in Central Government in Group D' will be given only age relaxation but will not be considered under ex-servicemen quota.
WCR Jabalpur Physically Handicapped Persons:
A) Definition of the Physically Handicapped Person for the purpose of this recruitment (i) Hearing Handicapped (HH) - - Loss of 60 (sixty) decibels or more in the better ear in the conversation range of frequencies, (ii) Orthopaedically Handicapped (OH) -- Locomotor Disability :- Disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of me movement ot the limbs or any form the cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy:- A group of non-progressive condition of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the prenatal, peri-natal or infant period of development.
B) Degree of Disability: Only such persons would be eligible for recruitment under vacancies reserved for PH candidates who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability. If the disability is less than 40%, the candidate will be treated as normal candidate provided he/she fulfills all other conditions of this employment notice. Candidate should submit disability certificate issued by the competent authority (i.e. medical board duly constituted by Central Government or a State Government.)
C) The physically handicapped Persons are eligible for appointment in the categories identified suitable for physically handicapped Persons.
9. Serving Employees: A candidate serving under any Government or Public Sector Enterprise/ Undertaking including Railway should apply either through proper channel with duly certified service details by the employer or directly to PRC/WCR with "No Objection Certificate" from the employer. In addition, an advance copy of such application complete in ail respects may be sent super scribing on the top of the application "ADVANCE COPY" so as to reach RRC/ WCR before the closing date and time specified. Advance copy of the application will be entertained provided the application through the proper channel is received In the RRC/WCR office within 15 days from the closing date for which the entire responsibility would be of the candidate.
10. Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Candidates:
For candidates belonging to Anadaman. Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands, closing date would be 06.03.2008. time upto 18.00 hrs. Such candidates should enclose a domicile certificate of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands from a competent authority or a certificate from a school or college last attended in Andaman, Nkxbar & Lakshadweep certifying that the candidate has passed his/her examination from the school/college situated in Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep.
WCR Jabalpur Recruitment Procedure:
1. Selection will be based on Physically Efficiency Test followed by written examination. PET shall be of qualifying nature only, i.e. those who quality in PET shall be called for written test. There will be no interview. Candidates to a limited extent depending upon availability of vacancies, in order of merit and as per reservation rules, out of those who obtain the prescribed minimum pass marks in the written test will be called for verification of original documents and identity and medial examination of relevant standard.
2. Physical Efficiency Test (For all categories):- The candidate should be able to perform the following physical test: - Male Candidates; Should be able to run a distance of 1500 metres in 6 minutes in one chance. Female Candidates; Should be able to run a distance of 400 metres in 3 minutes in one chance. Physical Handicapped candidates are exempted from Physical efficiency test, and shall be eligible to appear in the written test directly. NOTE: The above given criterion for PET are ONLY tentative and subject to modification. Changes, if any, would be advised subsequently.
3. PET/Written Examination may be conducted at any station on the following Divisions: - (i) Jabalpur (ii) Bhopal (iii) Kota.
4. For PET/ Written Examination and other stages of recruitment process, candidates have to make their own arrangements for lodging/boarding. They may be required to stay one or two days more than the appointed day at their own cost.
5. Maintaining discipline by the candidate at the venue of PET/Wnttcn Examination Is must. Any act of indiscipline will debar the candidate from consideration. The decision of the committee at venue in this regard will be final and binding.
6. Railway administration will not be liable/responsible for any loss/injury/damage, whether direct or consequential, suffered/incurred by any candidate during Ihe selection, including PET. Candidates are advised in their own interest, therefore, to ensure that they are physically and otherwise fit to undertake the selection and observe due care to avoid injury/loss/damage to either themselves or others during the process of selection.
7. The appointment of the candidates will be subject to their being found suitable after antecedent verification and medical fitness as per rules.
8. The selection of candidate by RRC/WCR does not confer any right on the candidate for appointment.
9. Syllabus of Written Examination: Question paper for the Written examination shall be of Class 8th standard, consisting of multiple choice (four) objective type questions mainly aimed to assess general knowledge/ awareness, mathematics, general science and reasoning etc. Question paper shall be printed both in Hindi and English only. There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
10. Date and Venue of Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Written Test and document verification will be fixed by the RRC/WCR and intimated to eligible candidates by post. Examination schedule may be published on our website and Newspapers.
11. Candidates may note that the date and verue of PET/ written examination once decided by Railway administration shall be final, no request for postponement of the examination and/or change of centre/venue will be entertained.
12. The RRC/WCR at its discretion may hold additional Written Examination and/ or PET or re-examination or cancel part or whole of the written examination and/or PET. Note: Admission to the PET/ written examination center is provisional as the applications are fully scrutinized later. In case a candidate does not fulfill the entire requirement prescribed In the Employment Notice, his/her candidature Is liable to be rejected even at a later stage, when deficiency is noticed. Mere issue of call letter tor appearing In PET/ written exam by RRC does not confer any right for any subsequent stage of recruitment process or placing his/her name on the panel.
West Central Railway Jabalpur Recruitment Procedure