Uttar Pradesh Public Services Recruitment 2010
1. In this UPPSC Combined State Examination OMR Application System is applicable and the candidates may obtain UPPSC OMR application forms from the Head Post Office of the Districts or from the Post Offices, mentioned under SI. No. 9 (2) of this Advertisement.
The cost of the UPPSC OMR application forms has been fixed as Rs.155/- for PREGEN series (General, OBC of U.P. and all candidates of other States) and Rs.95/- for PRERES Series (SC of U.P, ST of U.P.).
The candidates under horizontal reservation (PH of U.P., D.F.F. of U.P. and Ex-Army personnel candidates of UP.) shall purchase UPPSC application form according to their main category.
2. The candidates must keep a photocopy of their UPPSC OMR application form with them. They must mention their UPPSC OMR form No. in the correspondence with the Commission in future.
1. The Public Service Commission Uttar Pradesh, shall hold a preliminary examination at various centres in the Districts mentioned in Appendix-1 of this advertisement for selecting suitable candidates (or admission to the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (Main) Examination 2010.
The centre of the Examination, decided by the Commission, will be intimated to the candidates later by means of their Admission Certificate.
2. Number of UPPSC 2010 Vacancies: Approximate number of vacancies is 100. The vacancies may increase or decrease.
3. Reservation for UPPSC Recruitment 2010: The reservation for Scheduled Castes of U.P, Scheduled Tribes of U.P. / Other Backward Class candidates of U.P. shall be worthy of being admitted in accordance with the provisions of relevant Government Orders.
Accordingly reservation for category under horizontal as dependents of Freedom Fighters of UP., and Women candidates of U.P. shall be admissible on settlement of vacancies. Reservation for PH of U.P. will be permissible for the identified post.
The Candidates claiming the benefit of reservation must obtain, in support of their category a certificate issued by competent authority on the proforma available on the UPPSC website & in this detailed advertisement and shall submit the same to the Commission when asked for.
All Reserved candidates of U.P must mention their Category / Sub Category in the Application Form.
Candidates claiming reservation in more than one category will be entitled to only one concession whichever is more beneficial to them.
The Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Class and Dependents of Freedom Fighter and women candidates who are not the permanent resident of U.P. shall not be given the benefit of reservation. Such candidates shall be treated as the candidates of the General Category.
4. Conditions of UPPSC 2010 Eligibility (For age relaxation only):
Eligibility in case of Emergency Commissioned / Short Service Commissioned Officers: In accordance with the provision of the G.O,No.22/10/1976-Karmik-2,85, dated 30-1-1985 Emergency Commissioned / Short Service Commissioned Officers who have not been released from Army but whose period of Army service has been extended for rehabilitation may also apply for this examination on the following conditions:
Such Applicants will have to obtain a certificates of the Competent Authority of Army, Navy, Air Force to the effect that their period of service has been extended for rehabilitation and no disciplinary action is pending against them.
Such Applicants will have to submit, in due course, a written undertaking !ha! in case they are selected for the post applied for, they will get themselves released immediately from the Army Service. The above facilities will not be admissible to Emergency / Short Service Commissioned Officers if:
He gets permanent Commission in the Army.
He has been released from the Army on tendering resignation.
He has been released from the Army on ground of misconduct or physical disability.
5. Marital Status: Male candidates who are married and have more than one wife living and female candidates who have married a person already having a wife Shall not be eligible unless the Hon. Governor has granted an exemption from this condition.
The candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent from any recognised University by the last date fixed for receipt of application. The candidates must mention it in prescribed column of O.M.R application. The candidates are also directed to mention their special qualification which are printed in the direction to fill up O.M.R. application form, so that their candidature may be considered for such posts if available.
7. UPPSC 2010 Age Limit:
Candidates must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have crossed the age of 35 years on July 1, 2010 i.e. they must have not been born earlier than 2nd July, 1975 and not later than July 1, 1989.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit:
Upper age limit shall be greater by five years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of U.P., Scheduled Tribes of U.P.. Other Backward Classes and Dependents of Freedom Fighters of U.P (only domiciled person in U.P. are entitled for such age relaxation).
Upper age limit shall be greater by fifteen years for physically handicapped person of U.P. if identified post available. Candidates of this category who are applicant for the post of Deputy Collector in U.P. Civil Service (Executive Branch) shall be required to submit a certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer of their District to the effect that physical disability is not of such kind which may effect the proper discharge of the duties of the posts.
Upper age limit shall also be greater by five years in Group 'B' posts for the Emergency-Commissioned Officers / Short Service Commissioned Officers / Ex-Army Personnel who have rendered at least five years service in Army But there shall be no reservation for Group 'B' posts. In case of availability of Group 'C' posts in the Examination, the age relaxation and reservation shall be given according to Rule.
Upper age limit shall be greater by five years also for the skilled players of classified Games of National and International level in accordance with G.O No. 22/21/1983-Karmik-2 dated 28.11.1985. The skilled players must obtain certificates from the prescribed authority and submit to the Commission when asked for and must enclose the certificate with their application forms of Main Examination.
UPPSC Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination 2010