Corporate Office: P.B. No.88,
Mangaladevi Temple Road,
Managalore - 575 001
Applications are Intived for Appointment to the following Posts in the Officer Cadre
Last date for receipt of application: 26.11.2007
Last date for receipt of application from far-flung areas: 03.12.2007
1 (a) Vacancies
|Post Code No||Post||Grade & Scale||Total Vacancies||Out of which||Age as on 01.10.2007 Min. 21 years Max. as under|
|01||Assistant General Manager (Information Technology)||SMG V|| || ||-||3||3||-||-||-||50|
|03||Offical Language Officer||JMG I||1||1||3||3||8||-||-||1||30|
| ||Total|| ||2||1||5||11||19||-||-||1|| |
'Maximum Age inclusive of all Relaxation available to Candidates belonging to SC/STDBCEx-ServicemenPersons with Disabilities (PD), Domiciles ofjammu & Kashmir State as per Government guidelines.
Abbreviations stand for: SC - Scheduled Caste, ST - Scheduled Tribe, OBC - Other Backward Classes, Gen - General, VH,VisuallyHandicapped, Hl-Hearing Impairment, OH-OrthopaedicallyHandicapped
- The number of vacancies as also the number of reserved vacancies are provisional and may vary according to actual requirements of the Bank.
- Candidates belonging to Reserved categories, for which no vacancy has been announced are free to apply against vacancies announced for general category.
- VH, HI and OH candidates are also free to apply against vacancies in posts identified for Persons with Disabilities, as per Governmentguidelinesin the matter. As the reservation for HI candidates for the posts of Official Language Officer and Security Officer are on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category to which the candidates belong.
- It is clarified that it may not be possible to employ Persons with Disabilities candidates in all Offices /Branches of the Bank and they will have to work in the post identified by the Bank as suitable for them.
1. Blindness refers to a condition where a person suffers from either of the following conditions:
(i) Total absence of sight
(ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses. (iii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
2. Low vision: "Person with low vision" means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
• Hearing Impairment (HI): "Hearing Impairment1 means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy (OH):
1. Locomotor Disability:"Locomotor Disability" means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
2. Cerebral Palsy: "Cerebral Palsy" means a group of non-progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insultor injuries occurring in the pre-natal, perinatal or infant period of development. All the cases of Orthopaedically Handicapped persons would be covered under the category of "locomotor disability or cerebral palsy". Only such persons would be eligible for reservation in services /posts who suffer from not less than 40 percent of relevant disability.